The Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce is searching for a new Director of Business Development to join our team. If you are interested in this position, email your cover letter, resume’ and references to Mary Cohen, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce
Director of Business Development
The Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit membership driven organization comprised of business enterprises, non-profit organizations and civic members. Its mission is to help create regional economic prosperity and success for its members.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for selling Chamber membership to prospective nonmember businesses by referrals, cold calling and information requests. Responsibilities also include selling a suite of marketing opportunities including enhanced web listings, website ads, event sponsorship, mixer events, window advertising and map ads. Director of Business Development reports to the Executive Director.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Contact, acquire and sell new Chamber memberships
- Selling a suite of marketing opportunities to member organizations
- Actively seeks new businesses and follows up appropriately
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
- Close sales during on site visits or through follow up correspondence
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals
- Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the Chamber
- Remains informed of member benefits and Chamber events.
- Actively supports and participates in Chamber events and programs
- Works renewal accounts and targeted accounts as assigned
- Assists Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership
- Attends regular staff meetings, fully utilizes Chambermaster CRM and adheres to time management and priorities of the Chamber
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization skills, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Detail Oriented
- Outside sales experience
- Self starter with professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
- Ability to prospect/cold call new businesses
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can think outside the box, offer new ideas and solutions
- Capable of maintaining sensitive or confidential information
- Team player that works well in an adaptive environment
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Flexible Schedule
PLEASE SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER and REFERENCES to email@example.com.