Calling all Restaurants, Caterers, Local Businesses & Food Providers!
Great Promotional Opportunity!
We’re moving back outside…..under the tents!
Winter In August is held annually by the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce in recognition of the ski industry’s contribution to the regional economy. Approximately 500 people attend each year. Restaurants donate portions of food, there are bars set up, and a DJ adds to the festivities.
This year we will mark our 36th Annual Winter in August celebration. We’ve scheduled this great opportunity to meet new customers, friends and suppliers for Tuesday, August 8, 2017, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Merchants Row (between West and Center Streets) in Downtown Rutland. The event draws local, state and US dignitaries.
This important Chamber Fundraiser is made possible by businesses who participate, the those who attend annually and our sponsors.
We Need Your Help!
We are asking you to donate portions of food for our event. With over 500 people attending, this is an excellent opportunity for you to market yourself to all of our members and their guests.We are asking for your participation in this important Chamber fundraiser and marketing opportunity. Participants will be featured all year on RutlandVermont.com and receive special recognition on the Chamber Facebook page, e-newsletter, radio talk shows and more! So please join us and help make our event a success!
Here’s how it works:
- We strongly encourage you to market your business! Bring menus, business cards, signs, coupons, etc.
- We ask that you supply at least 350 portions of food (350 chicken wings, 350 pastries, etc.)
- Eight foot tables will be provided with a linen tablecloth and skirting.
- There will be no electric hook-ups available, you are welcome to bring a grill, smoker, hot plates etc. Please let us know if you will be bringing your own tent. Our rental tents do not allow for cooking under them.
- All food delivery and set-up must be done between 2:00 – 4:30 PM on August 9th.
- All businesses participating will receive the necessary complimentary admission for their staff.
- There are no kitchen facilities available. Please come prepared.
If you have questions, please call the Chamber office at 802-773-2747.
Best Display & Best Taste Awards!
A chef led panel of experts will award a “Chef’s Best” Taste Award in addition to our “People’s Choice” Award.
Because so many restaurants have gone all out and done creative displays and prepared such great food in the past, The Chamber acknowledges the effort with the: The Best Taste Award judged by a Chef led panel. There will also be a People’s Choice Award.