Growing Business Series
The Chamber & Economic Development of the Rutland Region will be launching the virtual Growing Business Series. This series is intended to provide free-to-the-public webinars focused on topics and resources that businesses are currently seeking. Regional experts will be leading the webinars aimed towards the Rutland Region Business Community.
Upcoming webinars include:
Panel Discussion of Local Financial Opportunities
December 2, 2020
A panel discussion hosted by:
- Brennan Duffy, Rutland Redevelopment Authority
- Steve Peters, Downtown Rutland Partnership (DRP)
- Tyler Richardson, Chamber & Economic Development of the Rutland Region (CEDRR)
The panel will discuss the financial resources each organization offers for businesses in the Greater Rutland Region.
COVID Occupational Health Program & Community Impact- Rutland Regional Medical Center
December 16, 2020
Rutland Regional Medical Center will introduce the COVID Occupational Health program, how businesses can use this service and an update on the hospital and community in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. The presenting group will consist of:
- Claudio Fort, President, and CEO of the Rutland Regional Medical Center.
- James Russell, MD. Dr. Russell is a Fellow of the Emergency College of Emergency Physicians who also has training and experience in occupational medicine. He will serve as the attending physician and medical director for the COVID Occupational Medicine Service.
- Jonathan Reynolds, PharmD, is a pharmacist by training who serves as Vice President for Clinical Services. Jonathan is the executive who developed and provides administrative oversight of the COVID Occupational Health program.
Stay tuned as new topics will continue to be added!
The series will take place on the first and third Wednesday of each month from noon to 1 p.m. via Zoom.
Questions? Contact Business Development & Community Engagement Manager, Kimberley Rupe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 770-7061.
Vt SBDC Overview- Nancy Shuttleworth
November 4, 2020
Join us to meet the local Rutland/Bennington VtSBDC (Vt Small Business Development Center) business advisor to find out about advising resources and helpful tools for your business during challenging times.
Treasury Operations: Resilience & Cybersecurity in a Remote Work Environment– People’s United Bank
November 18, 2020
Understand risk and how to protect your organization with People’s United Bank.
- Accept that your organization and employees will be targeted and plan accordingly
- Identify your critical assets and business processes that could be targeted
- Perform a risk assessment and prioritize efforts to address critical vulnerabilities to reduce risk, including cloud and remote access
- Ensure that procedures and controls are in place to address common attacks (BEC, phishing, etc.) against your organization
- Ensure all employees are trained on how to respond to these attacks and periodically test your organization’s security (systems & people)
Have a topic you’d like to learn more on or are knowledgeable in an area and would be willing to present? Fill out our feedback forms below!