Workers’ compensation insurance is mandatory for all Vermont employers. Most employers are aware of their coverage obligations and they know that it provides an injured worker with certain benefits. This fact sheet is intended to answer common employer questions and to provide information about the workers compensation process, dispute resolution and other facts of interest.
Workers compensation law is intended to provide for employees a speedy, no-fault remedy and for employers liability which is limited and determinate.
An injured worker may be entitled to one or more of these specific benefits:
- Medical care/treatment that is reasonable and necessary to treat injury
- Lost time if disabled due to work injury; roughly 2/3 of usual work wages
- Permanent impairment only if injury results in permanent impairment; per AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment
- Vocational rehabilitation if unable to return to suitable employment
- Death benefits if evidence supports the death arose due to work injury
Click here for the complete fact sheet from the Vermont Department of Labor
Workers Comp Corner is sponsored by National Financial Partners: For more information or rates on Workers’ Compensation or any other business insurance contact Chuck Rose at National Financial Partners, 802-775-4443 or email@example.com