Gift of Life Marathon Returns to the Rutland Region!
It’s time to sign up for the expanded Gift of Life Marathon. This year Pittsford will join Rutland City, Rutland Town, Castleton, Fair Haven, Manchester and West Rutland as host site for the event. The Gift of Life Marathon has been billed the longest blood drive in the United States. Continuing its expansion to communities across the region, Rutland’s record-breaking blood drive opened registration today and added another host town for 2016.
The GOLM – 12 Days of Giving will be held:
• Nov. 29 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the home of Castleton University President Dave Wolk;
• Nov. 30 from noon to 6 p.m. at U.S. Army Reserve on Post Road in Rutland Town;
• Dec. 2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Rutland High School;
• Dec. 3 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the American Legion in Rutland;
• Dec. 5 from noon to 6 p.m. at West Rutland Town Hall;
• Dec. 6 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Burr & Burton Academy in Manchester;
• Dec. 7 from noon to 6 p.m. at Holiday Inn in Rutland Town;
• Dec. 8 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Diamond Run Mall;
• Dec. 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fair Haven Union High School;
• Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Furnace Brook Wesleyan Church in Pittsford;
• Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Rutland Elks Club; and
• Dec. 13 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at College of St. Joseph.
The annual drive is organized and sponsored by Castleton University, Green Mountain Power and Catamount Radio.
GOLM donors can do most of their health history before arriving at the drive, using the Red Cross’ RapidPass. RapidPass offers donors a way to complete their pre-reading and donation questions online from the comfort and privacy of their homes or offices, reducing the time they spend at blood drives by as much as 15 minutes. It must be done the day of the donation. More information is available at www.redcrossblood.org/Rapid/Pass.
Appointments, which are strongly encouraged, may be made by calling 800-RED-CROSS or visiting www.redcrossblood.org.
You can also go to their official Facebook page for updates.